About the Journal
These policies must be read in full before submitting your paper
- Articles (submitted research papers) must be forwarded through the system that is in the journal platform itself through the website or email: email@example.com
- Its publications are carried out semi-annually (June -December).
- The journal does not accept any work unless it follows the standards for publishing in MJES.
- The papers sent to the Journal will be under a preliminary evaluation carried out by a technical team to ensure they have correctly followed all the policies of the journal and to prove the adequacy of the works according to the editorial standards and requirements (spelling, adequacy of scientific language, methodology chosen and adopted, format of tables, and figures) before these papers will continue to the other stages of evaluation.
- The editorial board reserves the right to refuse any paper that does not maintain/follow the standards and requirements set out by MJES.
- After the paper's preliminary acceptance, it will be sent, without identification of the author's name, to at least two anonymous reviewers (referees) whose majors are matched to the paper's field according to their expertise to evaluate its quality, suitability, form, and content by following the blind review system.
- The author is notified of the reviewers' report on whether or not his research is valid for publication after being evaluated.
- If there are any notes to be met after the evaluation of the reviewers (at least two referees), the paper will be returned to the author by the MJES team. The author, in turn, must make the necessary changes and return the material within a maximum of one month. Any changes should be marked in a different color in the respective text. Any changes should be marked in a different color in the respective text.
- The publications are online and available openly and free of charge in PDF for download.
- The journal provides the author with a copy of the issue in which the paper has been published.
- All materials published in the journal are governed by copyright law and intellectual property rights of the journal.
Refereeing Policy (Peer Review Policy)
Al-Mukhtar Journal of Educational Sciences uses a system of double-blind peer review in which the referees are unknown to the authors, while the authors' identities are not likewise revealed to the referees, according to the journal's regulation, Article No. 8 for the refereeing process. The decision of publication, adjustment, or rejection is based on their report and recommendations after being reviewed by the Editorial Board. The decision shall fall within one of the following categories:
- The research is valid for publishing in its current form.
- The submitted research paper is valid for publication after taking into account the notes contained in the attached report, without the need for the re-refereeing process.
- The research paper is invalid for publication in the journal.
Refereeing and the Responsibility of Referees
- Referees are asked to keep the information related to the papers confidential and treat it as privileged information.
- The refereeing process is conducted with strict objectivity and is entirely free of bias. The personal relationship with the author, if any, must not interfere with the referees' comments and decisions.
- Referees must clearly state their opinions and provide supporting evidence in the prepared form for refereeing the article based on the journal's objective criteria.
- Any material similarities or overlaps between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper they are directly familiar with must be brought to the editor's attention by the referees.
Editorial Board Responsibilities
- The editorial board (assistant editors or editor-in-chief) has full validity to reject or accept research papers.
- Editors should consider the needs of authors and readers when developing the journal.
- Editors are responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of publications.
- When needed, editors should post mistakes or make corrections.
- Editors should be well-informed about the sources of any research funding.
- Editors must maintain the anonymity of referees.
- The editors should accept articles and papers that adhere to the journal's objectives and scope.
- If misconduct is suspected, the editorial board of the journal must take the appropriate action. Whether or not the paper is published, every effort will be made to address the problem by providing clear evidence of misconduct.
- The editorial board shall prohibit any conflicts of interest involving the journal employees, authors, reviewers, or editors.
- If the editorial board has made a decision, it shouldn't change it unless there is a valid reason to (especially after rejection or acceptance).